Did you know that turnips are actually super lovely to bake with? You can even make a delicious baked dish where the MAJORITY of it is made up of turnips – not flour, not butter, not sugar, but turnips! It is super easy, healthy and of course, delicious 🙂
- 4 Medium Sized turnips (around 6 cups in total)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter
- 3 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs to top (I used crushed Galletti)
- 2 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil or Butter to Top
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Boil the turnips until they are very tender, and a knife can easily pierce them (20-25 minutes)
- Drain the turnips and mash them thoroughly.
- Add the remaining ingredients apart from the breadcrumbs and 2tbps of oil/butter, and mix thoroughly.
- Add this mixture into a greased/lined baking dish and top with the breadcrumbs and melted coconut oil/butter.
- Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes (it will remain soft on the inside, but the top will become golden brown).
- Allow to cook for at least 10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!