If you know me – you know my go to drinks when I have alcohol are either red wine, or whisky on the rocks 🙂
However, with these Seville oranges I was gifted, I have been on a mission to experiment – and that’s when this little treat was created, that I’m sure will end of being remade time and time again this summer! It’s refreshing, zesty, and just lovely to sip on with friends on a hot summers day.
Ingredients (per glass)
- 1 shot of scotch whisky
- 1/2 a lemon squeezed
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- Peel of an orange (Ribbon the peel for extra zest and a pretty topping)
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- 1/2 Cup of sparkling water
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- 2-3 leaves of fresh mint
- Ice to your liking
- Add your whisky, lemon juice, honey, mint, and ginger slices to your glass, and mix.
- Add your ice and frozen strawberries, and top off the glass with the sparkling water.
- Take a vegetable peeler and peel a bit of the orange to form into a ribbon to top off on the drink.